Group: Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter/AdministratEAR
Joined: Aug. 2001
||Posted: Jan. 07, 2003 3:20 am/pm
Love is in the Air at Walt Disney World Resort
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Couples who've been bitten by the love bug don't need a fairy godmother to find romance at Walt Disney World Resort. This is, after all, home to some of the world's most famous romances: Cinderella and Prince Charming, Lady and the Tramp, Beauty and the Beast -- and don't forget America's sweethearts, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
Throughout the 30,500-acre Vacation Kingdom, love is in the air. During a couples spa experience. In the middle of a romantic dinner. Or on one of the "love boats" that cruise Disney waterways.
Honeymooners thrive in the amorous ambiance of Walt Disney World Resort -- the nation's top honeymoon destination, according to industry experts.
And for couples who want to make their own fairy tale dream come true -- complete with Cinderella's coach and her famous glass slipper -- Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings create an enchanting, unforgettable experience.
The four Disney theme parks create a perfect setting for unscripted romance -- whether it's a stroll along the lush Maharajah Jungle Trek at Disney's Animal Kingdom or a relaxing stop for espresso and pastries at a sidewalk table in the France pavilion of Epcot World Showcase. Beyond the parks, couples can embrace a lineup of romantic experiences that seem designed just for them:
- The Couple that 'Spas' Together, Stays Together -- What's more enjoyable than a luxurious spa treatment? Imagine sharing it with that special someone. The Grand Floridian Spa & Health Club, in Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, features a "Couples Room" where guests can enjoy specialized spa treatments -- such as massages and facials -- with the one they love. For information about spa treatments at Disney's Grand Floridian Spa & Health Club, call 407/824-2332.
- The Love Boat -- The Grand Floridian's Grand 1 -- an elegant 45-foot yacht -- can give couples, or parties up to 12, a stunning view of "Fantasy in the Sky" fireworks showering above Magic Kingdom during select evening cruises along Seven Seas Lagoon. Private butler service and gourmet meals also are available. Romantic evening cruises begin at 跾/hour, including captain and private deck hand. Reservations can be made up to 90 days in advance by calling 407/824-2439.
At Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort Marina, a handsome reproduction of a 1930 mahogany runabout is available for private rental. Afternoon 10-minute excursions are ว.58, and half-hour cruises are .18 for up to seven people. For 赓.20, up to seven guests can take a Fireworks Cruise (45-50 minutes) for an exhilarating, one-of-a-kind view of "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth." The craft travels across Crescent Lake to Epcot for the nightly fireworks, sound and laser show. Reservations can be made up to 90 days in advance by calling 407/939-7529 (WDW-PLAY).
Oh, and the name of the boat is perfect for couples in love: Breathless.
- Disney Dining Serves Romance -- Couples find Disney dining infused with romance in settings ranging from the subdued to the spectacular.
- The California Grill atop Disney's Contemporary Resort offers a panoramic view overlooking the Magic Kingdom theme park. Here, stellar cuisine and the restaurant's award-winning selection of California wines set the stage. The restaurant lights are dimmed for performances of the Magic Kingdom fireworks show, with the show's accompanying music piped in to provide diners an unforgettable view -- from Tinker Bell's flight to the last burst of color. Lovebirds enjoying an earlier dinner can catch a different spectacle in the sky -- a Florida sunset over Magic Kingdom.
- One of the most romantic dinner spots at Walt Disney World Resort is a table for two at Victoria & Albert's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. The elegant restaurant has been honored with the Five-Diamond Award from AAA. Combining Royal Doulton china, Sambonet silver and personalized menus, Victoria & Albert's is the "crown jewel" of the Grand Floridian's dining destinations. Soft harp music fills the air, as maids and butlers -- all named Victoria or Albert -- provide stellar service to each of the 18 tables in the intimate dining room. Ladies also receive a long-stemmed red rose.
- For the ultimate romantic experience, an evening at the Chef's Table is unsurpassed. Couples are seated at a table in Victoria & Albert's kitchen and treated to a gourmet feast of food and wine custom tailored to their specific tastes by Chef Scott Hunnel.
- Guests who prefer to dine in an even more intimate setting at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa need only pick up the closest telephone. The Grand Floridian can arrange a private dinner for two, served against the elegant backdrop of the Grand Floridian beach -- or aboard the Grand 1 -- on a sunset excursion around Seven Seas Lagoon. Certain menu items can be specially prepared for the evening. Twenty-four hours notice is requested.
For all Walt Disney World dining information, call 407/WDW-DINE (939-3463).
- Nature Lovers -- A horseback ride through one of the backwoods trails at Walt Disney World Resort is just the thing for couples who share a love of nature and each other. Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground offers wrangler-led tours (45 minutes) through the deep, pine-scented woods that make up part of the Vacation Kingdom's 30,500 acres. Tours leave several times daily from Trail Blaze Corral, and may be reserved by calling 407/939-7529 (WDW-PLAY).
- Weddings Around the 'World' -- The epitome of Disney romance can be summed up in four words: Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings. Since the first wedding at Disney's Wedding Pavilion in 1995, more than 2,300 couples each year have tied the knot at Walt Disney World Resort.
For these couples, dreams become reality. Where else but at Disney could a bride arrive for her wedding in Cinderella's glass coach, have a handsome major domo carry wedding rings to the altar in a glass slipper, or have Mickey and Minnie greet guests at the reception?
Whether it's an elegant ball at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, a traditional ceremony at the Wedding Pavilion, a country hoe-down at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, or a beach-themed wedding complete with tiki torches, leis and luau on one of the Walt Disney World white-sand beaches, Disney custom designs each wedding with the famous "Disney Difference" -- providing attention to the tiniest detail.
Disney's wedding specialists become the fairy godmother, incorporating all the elements including ceremony, entertainment, cuisine, floral arrangements, audiovisuals and themed accommodations. For more information on Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings, call 407/828-3400.
Couples who are tying the knot back home can arrange a Fairy Tale Honeymoon by calling 800/370-6009.
- Renewing Vows -- Many couples who've been married for years are coming to Walt Disney World Resort, often with their families, to renew their vows five, 10, 25 and 50 years later. A Disney vacation provides the perfect backdrop to celebrate this major family milestone. Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding experts can tailor the ceremony and celebration to suit each couple.
ALL IMAGES Copyright 2002, THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY
RichKoster, Disney Echo modEARator