Group: Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter/AdministratEAR
Joined: Aug. 2001
||Posted: Dec. 08, 2003 2:28 am/pm
Holidays Aboard Disney Cruise Line Mean 'Walking In A Magical Wonderland' At Private Bahamian Island
CASTAWAY CAY, Bahamas, Dec. 8, 2003 -- "It's a balmy 73 degrees with snow flurries continuing to fall throughout the day," announced the ship's cruise director as the Disney Magic docked at Castaway Cay in the Bahamas.
Just in time for the holiday season, Disney Cruise Line guests are finding themselves literally "walking in a winter wonderland" -- or shall we say Magical Wonderland -- a new themed decor package that has transformed Disney's sandy private island into a "snowy" holiday hideaway.
In addition to "snow" flurries, guests enjoy seeing Christmas trees, Mr. and Mrs. Snowman (with shell noses and tropical shirts), carolers and a sleigh full of presents in the middle of the Bahamas. Disney characters, dressed in holiday island styles, sign autographs and pose for photos to the beat of holiday tunes. Even the island's tram that transports guests across the 1,000-acre island has been decorated to resemble a reindeer, complete with antlers and tail.
At the beach, families learn the art of sand sculpting. Guests may even catch a glimpse of Goofy on a jet ski as he tries his hand at water sports in the lagoon.
Scuttle's Cove, the children's programming area at Castaway Cay, hosts holiday-themed children's activities all day long. Children, ages 3-7, make candy cane reindeer and paper plate angels while kids, ages 8-12, create snowflake-mobiles and clothespin reindeer.
Whether lounging on a sun-drenched beach, participating in a variety of water sports or indulging in the ultimate island barbecue, Castaway Cay offers an authentic tropical experience -- now with a touch of the holidays -- that every member of the family can enjoy.
Onboard, Disney's Magical Holidays celebration continues:
- A nearly three-deck-tall tree-lighting ceremony in the atrium lobby, where "snow" magically falls
- A Christmas Day visit from Santa Goofy, with surprises for all the kids
- Special family time, when families join together to design and decorate their own gingerbread houses
- Our own Disney Cruise Line rendition of "T'was the Night Before Christmas" with a reading by Mrs. Claus and caroling by the main stage performers
- Traditional holiday feasts in Disney's three themed dining rooms
- Multiple faith and inter-denominational holiday services
- A ship-wide party to ring in 2004 and a New Year's Day tailgate party
Rates for Magical Holiday sailings through Jan. 1, 2004, start at $409 (three-night cruises) and $829 (seven-night sailings); four-night cruises are also available.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a Disney Cruise Line vacation, guests can contact their travel agent, visit www.disneycruise.com or call Disney Cruise Line at (888) DCL-2500.
Source: Disney Cruise Line