<p align=center>DISNEY AUCTIONS RIDES AN INTERGALACTIC WAVE WITH
"LILO & STITCH" AUCTION
Out of this World Items Include Movie Collectibles,
VIP Tours of Graceland and Hawaiian Dream Vacations
North Hollywood, CA, June 17, 2002 – <a href=http://www.disneyauctions.com target=_new>Disney Auctions (www.disneyauctions.com)</a>, presented by eBay, announced today details surrounding the upcoming "Lilo & Stitch" online auction, including authentic Elvis Presley memorabilia direct from Graceland, original artwork from the film, dream Hawaiian vacations and a private surf lesson from surf great Kelly Slater. From now through July 4 bidders can vie for stellar experiences and collector’s items related to Walt Disney Pictures’ new animated comedy "Lilo & Stitch," opening nationwide on June 21. With an out-of-this-world array of unique items up for bid, such as two VIP Graceland experiences at Elvis Week 2002 in Memphis, bidders might think Disney Auctions has been taken over by a certain extra terrestrial (e.g. "Stitch"), however this auction merely celebrates one of the summer’s most anticipated films.
"Lilo & Stitch is such an original and entertaining film that we’ve been able to come up with Disney Auctions’ most imaginative offerings yet including limited edition surfboards, fantastic Hawaiian vacations and a first for us, Elvis memorabilia tied to Lilo’s love of Elvis and his music," stated George Grobar, Vice President Auction, Walt Disney Internet Group. "It’s very rare that items from the private archival collection of the Estate of Elvis Presley are made available to the public."
Details on the "Lilo & Stitch" auction items include:
- Two VIP experience packages at Graceland for Elvis Week 2002 in Memphis commemorating the 25th Anniversary of Elvis’ death – packages includes a private tour of Graceland by a personal friend of Elvis, tickets to a VIP guest reception at the Elvis Presley Auto Museum during the Graceland Candlelight Vigil, and front row tickets to "Elvis: The 25th Anniversary Concert" among other features.
- Authentic Elvis collector’s items – rare items ranging from albums to original "one sheet" movie posters and a scarf from Elvis’ concert collection. Items are direct from the Elvis Presley Estate.
- Kelly Slater Surf Lessons – private, two-hour surf lessons with six-time World Professional Surfing Champion Kelly Slater on the island of Oahu, Hawaii. Net proceeds from this auction go to the National Scholastic Surfing Association.
- Two Hawaiian dream vacation experiences – one trip to Kauai and Maui and a second trip to Oahu and Hawaii Big Island. Both trips include a full slate of guided experiences such as off-road movie location tours and eco adventures. Net proceeds will benefit scholarships for students pursuing travel and tourism as a career choice funded by the Oahu Academy of Travel and Tourism.
- Lunch with the directors of Walt Disney Pictures’ "Lilo & Stitch" – at The Walt Disney Company corporate dining room on the studio lot.
- "Lilo & Stitch" collectors’ items – including original art from the production of the film, character maquettes, surf boards, lapel pins, autographed posters, animation workbooks and crew items.
Net proceeds from the Elvis memorabilia and experiences will be donated to the Elvis Presley Charitable Foundation for Presley Place, a 12-unit transitional housing facility for homeless families in Memphis.
Disney Auctions & Walt Disney Internet Group
<a href=http://www.disneyauctions.com target=_new>Disney Auctions (www.disneyauctions.com)</a> presented by eBay is an online marketplace from Walt Disney Internet Group and eBay. It features authentic, rare and one-of-a-kind Disney collectibles and memorabilia from every aspect of Disney’s fabled entertainment legacy. Walt Disney Internet Group (WDIG) provides strategic leadership and operational management for The Walt Disney Company’s Internet properties including category leaders Disney.com, ESPN.com, ABCNews.com and ABC.com. Steve Wadsworth is president of WDIG, which is headquartered in North Hollywood, CA, and has operations in Seattle, New York, Orlando, Fla., Tokyo and London.
Source: Official Disney Press Release
RichKoster, Disney Echo modEARator