Group: Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter/AdministratEAR
Joined: Aug. 2001
||Posted: May 30, 2003 5:15 am/pm
Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa Host Milestone 20th Annual 'Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade' Airing Christmas Day on ABC-TV
Clay Aiken, LeAnn Rimes, Carlos Ponce and More Stars Join Line-Up
This holiday season marks the 20th anniversary of the Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade -- an annual television tradition that gathers families and fans in front of their TV sets for two hours of magical performances and holiday cheer, Disney-style.
The 20th Annual Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade telecast airs on ABC-TV Christmas Day from 11:00AM to 1:00PM (EST) and 10:00AM to 12:00PM (PST).
For this milestone broadcast, Walt Disney World Resort unleashes an unprecedented parade of talent -- pop stars and country sensations, Latin heartthrobs and pageant royalty, the latest animated characters from Disney's Brother Bear and -- celebrating 75 years in show business -- Mickey Mouse, himself.
And presiding over this 20-year tradition will be Regis Philbin, who has hosted more Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parades than anyone. Joining Regis as co-host for the 20th Annual Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade will be his Live with Regis & Kelly co-star -- and now star of ABC-TV's Hope & Faith -- Kelly Ripa.
Here's a sneak-peek at the 20th Anniversary Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade highlights...
- Singing idol Enrique Iglesias, American Idol favorite Clay Aiken, country star LeAnn Rimes, pop star Jessica Simpson and gifted singer-songwriter-actor (and Entertainment Tonight correspondent) Carlos Ponce entertain in special Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade performances.
- Emmy Award-winning, multi-dimensional entertainer Wayne Brady joins performers from Disney's Tarzan Rocks for a rousing version of "You'll Be in My Heart."
- Disney Channel star Raven showcases Mickey's PhilharMagic, an all-new computer-generated 3D spectacular that recently made its debut at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom.
- From The View, Star Jones explores the wilds of Disney's Animal Kingdom to report on all the latest from this family-favorite destination.
- George Lopez, from the hit ABC-TV sitcom, reports on the holiday festivities at Disneyland Resort.
- Brady Bunch original cast members Florence Henderson, Maureen McCormick, Barry Williams, Susan Olsen and Christopher Knight get together again for a magical gathering at Disney-MGM Studios.
- 'N Sync member and astronaut-hopeful Lance Bass blasts off for fun aboard Mission: SPACE. Real-life astronauts Jim Lovell, Wally Schirra, Walter Cunningham and Winston Scott also try out this exciting new Epcot attraction.
- Stars galore make Christmas Day Parade special appearances, including the legendary Julie Andrews, Hope & Faith star Ted McGinley, Less Than Perfect star Sara Rue, George Lopez star Constance Marie, film and TV star Sofia Vergara, Disney's Brother Bear voice talent Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas and Miss America Ericka Dunlap. Robin Roberts from Good Morning America is the on-the-street correspondent.
Since the Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade began, viewers have enjoyed an array of memorable musical performances from the biggest artists of the day. This year's telecast continues the Parade's tuneful tradition as top recording artists join in all the musical magic of the 20th Anniversary edition of the Parade. In addition to Enrique Iglesias, Clay Aiken, LeAnn Rimes, Jessica Simpson and Carlos Ponce, also slated to perform are the musical group Jump5... Disney Channel favorites Raven (That's So Raven), Christy Romano (Even Stevens/Kim Possible), Anneliese van der Pool (That's So Raven), Orlando Brown (That's So Raven), Tahj Mowry (Smart Guy) and AJ Trauth (Even Stevens) who will join together to perform the masterful "Circle of Life" from Disney's The Lion King...Plus, the holiday song stylings of the ever-lovable Bear from Bear in the Big Blue House.
At the heart of the telecast -- and a Christmas Day television tradition now two decades strong -- is the annual Walt Disney World Christmas Parade, where favorite Disney characters take center stage for television's happiest parade as it makes its merry way down Main Street, U.S.A.,. in the Magic Kingdom. Along with Disney classic characters Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto, this year's parade extravaganza will include:
- Lilo and Stitch; Rutt and Tuke from Brother Bear; Nemo from the Disney/Pixar release Finding Nemo
- Buzz and Woody from the Disney/Pixar release Toy Story
- Disney Princesses Cinderella, Belle, Jasmine and Snow White.
- The troupe from Cirque du Soleil "La Nouba"
- And, of course, topping off the parade is the man of the hour, Santa Claus -- joined by Mrs. Claus -- parading down Main Street, U.S.A.
Copyright 2003, THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY.
RichKoster, Disney Echo modEARator