Printable Version of Topic
-Disney Echo forum
+--Forum: Disney Weddings & Honeymoons Message Forum
+---Topic: Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings Fast Facts started by RichKoster
Posted by: RichKoster on Aug. 16, 2003 5:47 am/pm
Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings Fast Facts
- Now, more than 2,000 couples tie the knot each year at Walt Disney World Resort. Since September 1991, Walt Disney World Resort has hosted more than 20,000 weddings.
- Couples have traveled from every state in America and from international locations such as Japan, Saudi Arabia and the Netherlands to get married at Walt Disney World Resort.
- At least twice during the ten year history of the Walt Disney World Marathon couples have stopped mid-race to get married in front of Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom.
- A couple took the plunge, literally, on The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney-MGM Studios while they tied the knot.
- Some brides and grooms choose non-traditional methods of transportation to arrive at the ceremony such as on horseback, Aladdin's magic carpet, Cinderella's glass coach, a horse-drawn carriage or vintage automobile.
- According to wedding industry experts, Walt Disney World Resort is recognized as a top honeymoon destination.
- The sky is the limit for themed weddings -- from an enchanting Cinderella-like wedding in Magic Kingdom or a Hollywood extravaganza in Disney-MGM Studios to international-themed nuptials at Epcot and a safari-themed reception at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- The first wedding at Disney's Wedding Pavilion was televised live June 18, 1995, on Lifetime Television as part of its "Weddings of a Lifetime" series.
- A Magic Kingdom wedding for the 10th anniversary of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" was a star-studded affair, with performances by Celine Dion, Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle.
- The Wedding Pavilion can host up to six weddings per day, and up to 12 weddings can occur each day at various locations on Walt Disney World property.
- Wedding prices begin at $3,000 for an intimate gathering for two. Custom weddings start at $7,500 for 10 guests or more. An average wedding at Disney is about $20,000 for 100 people.
Copyright 2003, THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY.