Printable Version of Topic
-Disney Echo forum
+--Forum: Upcoming Events
+---Topic: Annette Funicello's birthday: October 22, 1942 started by RichKoster
Posted by: RichKoster on Feb. 10, 2003 3:05 am/pm
Yoo Hoo, Disney EchoEars!
On October 22, 1942, Annette Funicello was born.
Happy birthday, Annette!
Anyone growing up watching the original Mickey Mouse Club (and watching Annette grov up, too! ) remembers how even at an early age her talents and beauty captured the nation. This was followed by wonderful Disney feature movies and then the Beach Party movies of the 60s.
When you are at MuppetVision 3-D...4-D at D-MGM (and at Disney's California Adventure, too?) you can't help but think of Annette when you look up in the preshow area and see their tribute to her: a net-full of Jello!
In 1987 Annette was diagnosed with < Multiple Sclerosis > and she developed noticeable symptoms around 1992.
Her courage and determination enables her to not let this disease prevent her from enjoying her marriage, family and friends.
In 1992 Annette started The Annette Funicello Fund For Neurological Disorders. Donations may be sent to:
Donations are tax deductable. Specify that you want the donation to go to Annette's fund.
< The Annette Funicello Collectors Site > is a tribute to Annette the collectables created during her career. It is a fan-based site is not sponsored nor endorsed by Annette Funicello nor the Walt Disney Company.
Through the years we'll all be friends, where ever we may be...
I hope you have a very happy birthday, Annette.
Posted by: RichKoster on Oct. 20, 2003 5:16 am/pm
* "Meeska, mooska, mouseketeer! Mousekartoon Time now is here!" -Annette
* "Add subtract and multiply, my head feels so numb.
* "This is much too hard for me... I can't do the sum!" -Annette
* "Sorry, Mr. Disney, but the only thing we're serving at this party is
* "lemonade." "Oh, lemonade?" "Or I could get you something stronger --
* "coffee?" -Annette Funicello & Walt Disney, Back Stage Party
* "You can always find bongo drums at a party, but you can't always find a
* "fellow like Tommy Sands to play them!" -Annette, Back Stage Party
Posted by: MKBaughan on Oct. 21, 2003 6:00 am/pm
I also wish Annette a Happy Birthday! I just finished reading her autobiography for the second time... what a nice book....