Forum Search Button Mouseke-Calendar Forum Memberlist Button ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
This is the Vault: Disney Echo archives. The new Disney Echo is now open!
...Now accepting registration for new members...

» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! ]

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: MickEmail this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: New Luau? or Ohana?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >

aloharose Offline

Disney EchoEar

EchoEar PipEchoEar Pip

Group: Members
Posted: April 13, 2003 2:03 am/pm Quote

Haven't been to luau since early 1990s. Food was so-so and show was more like a Vegas revue (There were even guys there tucking $ bills into the dancers costumes!?! Our 6 yo son kept asking us for $$ so he could do the same!;) Not exactly the 'Disney' show we imagined!  Our now 17yo LOVES all things POLY and wants to try again...should we (we go in June) ORRRR.....is Ohana a better bet? Would love opinions.

--------------
aloharose
Profile PM 

Tikiman Offline

Polynesian Resort & Yacht and Beach Club Resort message forum modEARator

EchoEar PipEchoEar PipEchoEar PipEchoEar Pip

Posted: April 14, 2003 9:49 am/pm Quote

Well out of the half a dozen times I have been to the luau over the past 10 years I have never seen them put money in the dancers costumes but if you say so.

I like to hit the luau about every other trip or so. I know the food does not get great reviews but I have found the food very good And I am very picky about food quality. I would not say it was a dinner at the Flying Fish but it was good food and it is all you can eat and drink. The menu is about the same but I guess they added some appetizers before the show out in the greeting area. I have heard good things about the new show also.

I would not put the show against ‘Ohana. They are two different things but if I had to choose I would go with the show. Only because I have not seen it yet but if I had I would go with ‘Ohana. We never miss ‘Ohaha but then again we never miss Kona Café.  

If you do the show I suggest hitting the early one. The late show ends very late. Just a suggestion.

Aloha

Steve

--------------
Tikiman
Disney Echo Polynesian Resort message forum modEARator
Disney Echo Yacht and Beach Club Resort message forum modEARator
Polynesian Resort web pages http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Profile PM WEB 

Scottdur Offline

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: April 14, 2003 9:51 am/pm Quote

The luau has changed. But me, dw and boy(7,9) went to the luau a year ago. Like you said the food was so-so but the show was great. Ohana's is one of our favorite spots in all of Disney. The food is great. We eat there every time we go.

So if you want great food go to Ohana's if your looking for a nice show Luau

--------------
Scottdur
Profile PM 

Tikiman Offline

Polynesian Resort & Yacht and Beach Club Resort message forum modEARator

Posted: April 14, 2003 9:55 am/pm Quote

Just FYI. The CM's are trying to get people to stop calling it the Luau. Their managment even has to remind them not to call it that. It is not the Spirit of Aloha show. That way when you talk to a CM they will be happy you used the right name. In their last email they wanted me to pass along the info.

Aloha

Steve

--------------
Tikiman
Disney Echo Polynesian Resort message forum modEARator
Disney Echo Yacht and Beach Club Resort message forum modEARator
Polynesian Resort web pages http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Profile PM WEB 
3 replies since April 13, 2003 2:03 am/pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: MickEmail this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Featured Sponsors of the Disney Echo:
>
Your Ad Here!
Disney Ink Shop

© 2007 Rich Koster & FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club & Disney Echo. The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of the Walt Disney Co. All participants are welcome. We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Co., so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. The words & phrases "Disney Echo," "Disney EchoEars," "EchoEars," and "MousekeEars" are ©2007 Rich Koster.
Our Privacy Statement

Get FREE FANtasEARS MickEmail
Get FREE MickEmail And Hear Mickey's EarMail!

A Proud Member of

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!
Disney.comFANtasEARS Disney Fan
Club The pages and images on this web site are ©2007 Rich Koster, except for Disney Character images & logos copyrighted by The Walt Disney Co.
All rights reserved.