Forum Search Button Mouseke-Calendar Forum Memberlist Button ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
This is the Vault: Disney Echo archives. The new Disney Echo is now open!
...Now accepting registration for new members...

» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! ]

Pages: (3) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: MickEmail this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Walt Disney Travel - Booking, Don't count on them knowing anything!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >

Trip2Dis Offline

Disney EchoEar

EchoEar PipEchoEar Pip

Group: Members
Posted: May 14, 2003 11:18 am/pm Quote

After getting the final word from Tikiman that Samoa is now no-smoking an Niue is smoking I wanted to move my room request to Samoa from Niue.  My first call to WDTravel with a lady named Ebony yielded frustration.  After giving her the information that I had received, she asked me if I was a cast member!!  Way to go, Steve!  I'm feeling informed and empowered!  Anyway, she said that I was wrong and that all the building were both smoking and non-smoking to be fair to everyone...Well I didn't want to argue, so I said thank you and called back 10 minutes later and got someone who helped me right away get moved over to the rooms in Samoa I think I'm going to want.
    What's so funny is that Samoa was my first choice before I got educated about it being the smoking building (thanks, Steve).  I settled for Niue and then proceeded to convince myself that it was the better choice anyway for convenience, etc.  so when Hawaii became the option again, I had to remind myself that it's the place I wanted anyway!!
   Thanks for all the good information!  Y'all are keeping me informed!

--------------
Trip Rodgers / Trip2Dis
Profile PM WEB 

Tikiman Offline

Polynesian Resort & Yacht and Beach Club Resort message forum modEARator

EchoEar PipEchoEar PipEchoEar PipEchoEar Pip

Posted: May 14, 2003 12:08 am/pm Quote

I am glad we could help, but you do mean Samoa and not Hawaii right?

I have found that many at the Disney Reservations do not know the details about the resorts that you think they would.

Aloha

Steve

--------------
Tikiman
Disney Echo Polynesian Resort message forum modEARator
Disney Echo Yacht and Beach Club Resort message forum modEARator
Polynesian Resort web pages http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Profile PM WEB 

Trip2Dis Offline

Disney EchoEar

EchoEar PipEchoEar Pip

Posted: May 14, 2003 1:09 am/pm Quote

:blush: yes, I did mean Samoa and not Hawaii.  I don't know why i said that wrong and then repeated so many times in one post... :sleepy:  :blush:

--------------
Trip Rodgers / Trip2Dis
Profile PM WEB 

Tikiman Offline

Posted: May 14, 2003 2:18 am/pm Quote

No problem. How about you just go back in and edit it using the edit button and then I will delete the post about it being wrong. That way no one else gets confused. You decide what you want to do and I will check back.

Aloha

Steve

--------------
Tikiman
Profile PM WEB 

sparkles Offline

Disney EchoEar Regular

EchoEar PipEchoEar PipEchoEar Pip

Posted: May 14, 2003 9:04 am/pm Quote

:rock:
Hey now..let's not knock the Walt Disney Travel Company agents..I myself am a Travel Company/CRO agent..it gets tough knowing all of the policies/procedures and all the changes that are constant at Disney!
We try our best though!

--------------
sparkles
Profile PM 

Tikiman Offline

Posted: May 14, 2003 10:15 am/pm Quote

sparkles,

I totally agree it is difficult but I just report it as I see it. I get emails (as well as the CM's I know at the Polynesian do) that ask me why my information is wrong on my web pages since a WDW travel agent told them that something was different. I would not expect you to have every resort memorized but I would think any good agent would do what I do which is do not give out information if you do not know it to be a fact or find out the accurate information. One thing I have discovered doing this is that people rely on every fact you give them.

I know how hard it is keeping track of all the changes with just the Polynesian and I am in contact usually once a week so I can believe it is hard to keep track of all of them. I am sure you are one of the ones that do a great job.

Aloha

Steve

--------------
Tikiman
Profile PM WEB 

Scottdur Offline

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: May 14, 2003 11:10 am/pm Quote

I personally think that the Travel Company/CRO agent's do a great job. Think about it this way. If you buy a computer today it is already out of date. With a place bigger then any major city there will always be changes that not everyone knows about. Steve how long does it take you to get All the info about the Poly? Then on top of steves time you have how many other Disney resorts? Plus special. Plus things happening in the parks. plus. plus. plus. Now take all that info and remember every single piece of it. Now once you done all that you have to sleep plus eat plus work. Hmmm i dont think there is enough time in the day to do all that with every little change that happens. :Oo: :upside:

Great work Travel Company/CRO agent's!!!

--------------
Scottdur
Profile PM 

Tikiman Offline

Posted: May 15, 2003 9:44 am/pm Quote

You are so right Scottdur. It would be impossible to do. My point is do not give out the information if you do not know about it. I have heard time and time again the agents arguing with people about things they say are correct when they are not. If I did not know something I would not offer up the information as fact.

I would not expect them to know things that change all the time but for as long as I have known the Polynesian it has never been mixed smoking and non-smoking rooms so you would think they would have a list of smoking and non-smoking rooms that they could refer too. If they do not then the management is not giving them the resources they need. I would never expect them to know every detail of each resort. That would make anyone go crazy. I know I am going crazy with one resort.
:Oo:

--------------
Tikiman
Profile PM WEB 

Tikiman Offline

Posted: May 15, 2003 9:46 am/pm Quote

I must say that I also believe the CRO does a great and difficult job. I also believe most of them do know just about everything about each resort. My argument is toward the few that I and others have dealt with that have not had the correct information. I do applaud the efforts of all of them.

--------------
Tikiman
Profile PM WEB 

Scottdur Offline

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: May 15, 2003 10:13 am/pm Quote

I also agree with you Tikiman. They should not give out or argue with people about information. They are in a customer  service role. But there is always going to be people who just dont care about the job that they are doing. I think that is what is happening. A few people not really wanting to be there. Not caring what they are doing. Just there for the pay.

Luckly most of them are great. I have called a few times and have had a not so magical exp. But I just tell them thank you and call back a few mins later.

--------------
Scottdur
Profile PM 
22 replies since May 14, 2003 11:18 am/pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: MickEmail this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Featured Sponsors of the Disney Echo:
>
Your Ad Here!
Disney Ink Shop

© 2007 Rich Koster & FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club & Disney Echo. The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of the Walt Disney Co. All participants are welcome. We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Co., so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. The words & phrases "Disney Echo," "Disney EchoEars," "EchoEars," and "MousekeEars" are ©2007 Rich Koster.
Our Privacy Statement

Get FREE FANtasEARS MickEmail
Get FREE MickEmail And Hear Mickey's EarMail!

A Proud Member of

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!
Disney.comFANtasEARS Disney Fan
Club The pages and images on this web site are ©2007 Rich Koster, except for Disney Character images & logos copyrighted by The Walt Disney Co.
All rights reserved.