Forum Search Button Mouseke-Calendar Forum Memberlist Button ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
This is the Vault: Disney Echo archives. The new Disney Echo is now open!
...Now accepting registration for new members...

Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! ]

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: MickEmail this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Tips for a WDW trip with young kids< Next Oldest | Next Newest >

blue fairy Offline

Disney EchoEar

EchoEar PipEchoEar Pip

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 11, 2003 4:07 am/pm Quote

Hi everybody! Thanks for including me. There is so much information and fun going on here. We are headed for WDW the end of next month. This will be my 4th visit in 5 years. My son turns 6 next month and this is also his 4th visit. We can't get enough!!

Without a doubt, be flexible. Have a game plan in your mind, be prepared and then know that you may have to abandon it. Every year we have brought our own umbrella-styled stroller. This made it faster and easier to get from point A to B. I could control what we walked by and how long we stayed. It also brings peace of mind knowing my chld won't wander off in a crowd if he is buckled in and in front of me. This year, my son has out grown his stroller so we are going without. I am ready to rent a park stroller if necessary.

I always read up on the restaurants and what is available to eat before going. I don't eat meat or dairy and my son doesn't do well with lots of sugar and food dyes. He also won't eat many foods. Cheese pizza seems to be the all around hit. We try to be near Pizza Planet (MK) mid afternoon or mid-morning. Try to avoid the crowded noon lunch lines.

I also allow for time for him to get out stretch and climb. My mom and I did Fast Pass on the Rock 'n' Roller coaster. While I did my assigned time, she and my son took advantage of the little area with benches to climb on and the train to watch - around the corner from the ride. Then when it was her turn to go, I took over my son's stretching time.

We love Fast Passes and Baby switch at the attractions especially when we want all the thrill rides and my son isn't ready for those. They keep us on schedule with the least waiting time.

We also did for the first time last year, the Penny Presses. This kept son alert and involved when we were slowly wandering through the attractions more geared to older kids and adults. His job was to look for Penny Press machines etc. I made a list before we went where we would find the machines. The adults even got into the scavenger hunt to find the machines. Frontierland was a chore but we did it!

Once we had time to kill before our Fast Pass time and ducked into the Hunchback live show. It was not one of my fave movies and my son had never seen the movie. I was prepared that he might get restless and we would end up walking until Fast Pass time. Instead, he totally loved the Hunchback and was rocking to the music. It gave me time to read the guide book and have a cold water while he was completely swept up by Hunch and Esmerelda. You just never know what the kids will like. Expose them to a lot of different things.

I will think of some more tips that worked for us. I would love to hear from others who have traveled with the little ones!

--------------
blue_fairy

Profile PM 

RichKoster Offline

ModEARator

Group: Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter/AdministratEAR
Posted: Jan. 11, 2003 4:17 am/pm Quote

My wife Carol wrote some great tips, which I'll provide a link to from the vault here: Infants and Children at WDW. Though she wrote it many years ago, there's still valuable tips and ideas in her report.
:smile:

--------------
RichKoster, Disney Echo modEARator
Profile PM WEB MSN YIM 
1 replies since Jan. 11, 2003 4:07 am/pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: MickEmail this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Featured Sponsors of the Disney Echo:
>
Your Ad Here!
Disney Ink Shop

2007 Rich Koster & FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club & Disney Echo. The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of the Walt Disney Co. All participants are welcome. We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Co., so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. The words & phrases "Disney Echo," "Disney EchoEars," "EchoEars," and "MousekeEars" are 2007 Rich Koster.
Our Privacy Statement

Get FREE FANtasEARS MickEmail
Get FREE MickEmail And Hear Mickey's EarMail!

A Proud Member of

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!
Disney.comFANtasEARS Disney Fan
Club The pages and images on this web site are 2007 Rich Koster, except for Disney Character images & logos copyrighted by The Walt Disney Co.
All rights reserved.